Third Rails.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The ability to obey signs is not a substitute for common fucking sense.

I almost laid the motorcycle down.

I was approaching a 4 way intersection. There was another guy at the stop sign to my left. But he didnt even look. He went up to the stop sign, stopped, and pulled right out in front of me.
I Put as stady and even pressure on the front and back break as possible without hitting the guy. Started skidding and fishtailing anyways. But I was able to retain control of the bike and bring it to the side with a surprising amount of ease. So.... go me.
But still! Why the fuck even stop at a stop sign if your not even going to bother to fucking look for oncoming traffic!? Isnt that the whole fucking point?

When you are at an intersection, LOOK BOTH WAYS! Jesus. That should not be such a hard concept. Im no poster boy for road safety, but thats something you are supposed to learn when you are four years old while holding you mothers hand.

Anyways, after he heard my horn as I swerved and braked, he looked back at me with panic on his face and accelerated away like a bat out of hell. Didnt want to say sorry for fear it might be awkward....
A dumbass and a coward.

Oh well. At least I know ive got good reaction time on the bike. If I was in a car, I would have hit the guy for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home