Third Rails.

Monday, March 21, 2011

One of the best mornings of my life.


You never know when life will flood into you in its purest form. Take you to a new high.
Trying to get all the memories down quick, so excuse the lack of planning in the writing.

(Warning: the following may also contain spoilers from "The Talisman")


Last night, I thought to myself, "I would love to wake up early tomorrow morning." But I did not have an alarm clock.
I woke up late, had a strange cereal in an expensive house my brother owned, and lamented that I had slept in untill 11.
Then I realized that my brother did not have such a house, and there was no such thing as a cereal that was made out of nothing but crab apples.... And then I woke up.

It was a little after 5:00 in the morning. My Subconscious gave me a dream about sleeping in, so that I would wake up when I wanted.
I love you subconscious mind. I am going to start trusting you more.

So, I put on all of my leather, grabed my MP3 player with my current audiobook on it, started up the bike, and decided to go for a ride.

I rode up to campus saw the shaow of the mountains against the early morning twilight, and decided to keep on riding past campus north east to and along Florida Road.... and the eventual sunrise.
In this morning where everything was somewhere between dim and dark, I was listening to the final chapters of Jack Sawyer's quest to capture the talisman, the axis of all realities, and use it to save his mothers life.
During the early morning, Jack was in a living evil hotel/castle. Trying to do phycological battle with the spirits there.

My undermined navigated and leaned with the mountain roads with ease as I listened, As I read. Taking in the sights and the growing light of my sorroundings without detracting from the story. Knowing that more of my mind was brought to the surface to experience all the morning had to offer.

When Jack finally reached the talisman, the sun lit the back of the mountians in front of me, And I could see more. I forgot to fill up my gas, and was on reserve. and the sunrise was beginning, so I pulled over next to an abandoned farm. I listened/read as the light around me grew, and as the tone of the book began to lighten along with my surroundings.
I watched as three horses instinctivly came out of the unmaned barn, to face the sun. Then they all turned towards me. I suspect not so much as to inspect me, as to catch the warming rays creeping over the mountains..

The details of the book again matched the tone and escalating hope and beauty of the sunrise. I watched the horses and their morning ritual. and I watched the clouds in front of me, their bottom half a mix of hot pink and blood red, their top half a deep puple. 
I paused the story when the clouds began to turn a sort of yellow that reminded me of peaches.
Listening to the singing birds and a roaring river some quarter mile away, I watched the clouds between an intersecting valley of mountains and watched the peach yellow in the clouds brighten and meld with the rising sun.

I got off my motorcycle (Bad Horse? Appa? Epona?), Walked around and the whole valley suddenly lit up in an instant, as if to spite my measure of the slow creep of light down the mountain that I had been watching. 
I spent the next 10-30 minutes (time is funny at such times) wandering around and singing and laughing at the beautiful contrasts of shadows I saw. Blood red berries and still infant apples. I slid down a hill just to stare at some. Took one of the small green globes, bit into it and forced myself to hold the sour piece in my mouth for awhile like I would a sour warhead candy.
It was around then that I realized I was high. Even thought I had not eaten or smoked anything to cause me to be so... But there it was.
I then gave thanks to god by kissing the tip of my finger pinting to the sky, and saying "Whoever is responsible for this, You kick fucking ass!" (though I never would say such a thing to the meddlesome god of the early christian bible, the asshole who makes human sacrifices and meddles in political wars of humans..... but still, there is a good god up there somewhere I think. regardless of bad literature)

Anyways, I walked back up to my bike with a baby apple in hand (gotta take souvenirs on these trips, in leu of a good camera), sat on it, and listened to more of the book for awhile. 
When Jack touched the talisman, all the corrupt creatures who had tortured Jack/Jason through his journey got their rather gruesome and descriptive punishments, Which was somehow beautiful and just.
A voice in my ear/head said, in an ironic and gleeful voice, "Can you say hallelujah?". I could, and I did. Loud to that beautiful valley. To the confusion of three horses.

I made my ride back. Following the story, the cold, but warming, morning wind caused some tears to roll down down my cheek. Never mind the revealed beauty of my surroundings, And nevermind that Jack/Jason had just saved his dying best friends life, and never mind that I had goggles strapped securely to my face to keep out the wind.

I made it back, paused, fueled up, and decided the morning had earned enough for me to pay for breakfast at Carvers.
The french toast wasnt all that great, but the hot tea was wonderful. Even moreso when I crushed a used orange peel against the inside of the glass. It smelled wonderful. I watched as the waiter left a glass under a flowing soda tap, and just watched the makeshift fountain for awhile.

It took awhile for him to bring the bill. but that was alright. I was being warmed by the tea as I pressed play again and read/listened of Morgan's death.


When I payed, I walked outside, started up the bike, Rode up to campus, Parked my bike on the sidewalk in front of my weeping willow, climbed half way up it, sat leaning up against a branch, and read/listened (/ Its the same fucking difference), To the final bit of the story as Jack/Jason  made his trip back to the east coast with a friendly werwolf, to save the life of his cancerous, half dead mother.
I Sometimes, stood, watching the curtain of leaves around me, but always there was a vision of a 2ed (3ed?) world in front of me.

When the story was over, I jumped from first one thick branch then another, then to the grassy floor. I laid down my leather jacket, took off my boots and socks, stared up into the whispering leaves of the tree, and let the day's cumulative energy carry me away in laughter.



I lay there thinking about how it was just not a new day, but a new chapter in who I was. Or at least I was going to use the energy of the day that way.
It seems to me that if you get enough life in you, all at once, it sorta changes the magnetic energy in you. Sort of attunes that energy to this life, this reality, this future purpose.
The energy was always here, it was just polarized the wrong way. And get enough happy life in you, and it can jolt you the other way.

You have no idea when or how this will occour. You just have to be open to it and let one event carry you to another.
From happy realization of a dream's meaning, to invigorating mountain motorcycle ride, to awe transcending sunrise, To tranquil tea, to your favorite tree. All peppered with a good story.

And you can hold on to a morning memory like that and let it change you.
That is the moral of the morning.

..... Or perhaps not. Perhaps there is a different lesson. And that is:
SUCK IT AUDIOBOOK HATERS!
Lets see you have a morning like THAT with a library book. Sure, the pages smell great. But I enhaled life into my lungs and a story into my mind, and can do so anywhere.
HA!



.....
.....Ok. That was an inside joke.
lol

Ya. Im sticking with the first interpretation. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home